We at Drew’s Roofing and Home Repair pride ourselves on being well-versed in several different activities in addition to roofing and home repair. We offer many services under this umbrella, but there is another service we offer that not many people may know about. We are a full service handyman.
It is understandable if you have heard of a handyman but are not 100 percent sure what all this entails. This month’s blog is going to give you a bit of insight into who that is, and what a handyman can do for you.
In a nutshell, a handyman is just that. Someone who can do almost any job in and around a home is a handyman. As a general worker, here are a few things a handyman can do for you in a home.
• Plumbing – A handyman can replace a heating element in a hot water heater, install a new hot water heater, repair a toilet’s internal fixtures, replace a dishwasher or repair/replace a trash compactor.
• Electrical – Replace a light switch, ceiling fan, outlet and just about any other task dealing with electricity.
• Repair/replace sections of carpet, vinyl or hardwood flooring.
• Install tile flooring.
• Put up shelving.
• Install a garage door opener.
• And many other tasks – just ask before you hire.
Like any contractor or worker, you will need to be sure your handyman is licensed, insured and bonded before having any work done. Get references and quote before agreeing to any work. Do not pay anything up front, and if there is something specific needed, chances are you can pick it up for yourself at the local DIY big box store.
Drew’s Roofing and Home Repair, as you know being a faithful reader of our blog, is everything you will need in a handyman and more. We welcome requests for quotes and appreciate word of mouth business from our satisfied customers. Let us know how we can help you today.